Most Recent Post
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
fight comrade
Day X after the election.
The cabinet picks are coming in. The shit storm gatherth. Trump’s picks for helping run our government are nervously laughable at best. Unqualified diarrhea mouths who do nothing to better this country. This increases my fear of how fast fascism is comin a knockin. Though that fear is a part of a coin. And that coin has another side. The other side is a fight. The fight. The fight for human rights. It grows. I feed it knowledge. I feed it inspiration. I feed it community. I feed the fight - devote energy to the cause. To revolution. To resistance. The USA government feeds the fear and I turn around and feed the fight.
fight comrade
Day X after the election.
The air outside grows colder. A certain type of winter is coming. A winter that ushers in a new executive branch of government. That branch soon will have hearts as cold as the winter that gathers. And who knows, with the way Trump wants to “drill baby drill” our Earth just might make a winter so cold we humans can’t survive it. Those that cannot see the damage we inflict on our planet are so wrapped up in their tiny little worlds in their heads that they cannot see the big picture. They cannot see climate change, because they cannot see past a meter in front of them. Too wrapped up in weather to notice climate. Mother Nature is worth fighting for. Earth is worth fighting for. Fight for her. Fight for her flora and fauna.
fight comrade
Day X after the election.
Some go about their lives as if nothing has happened. They wake. They ready. They commute. They work. They domesticate. Some didn’t vote (or voted for Trump due to ignorance), because they sit upon a privileged seat at the table. And they clutch their pearls when you tell them where they’re sitting. Because from their closed minded world view their table exists of only white, hetero, cis-gendered, Christian, middle class folks (maybe upper class too), who don’t step out of their privileged seat to see how truly big the USA table really is (or the world for that matter). When one can’t recognize the privileged seat that they sit in, when they keep their eyes only seeing their tiny world, when they choose to be ignorant fools, that’s when they sit on their hands when fascism creeps on their doorstep. These near-sighted privileged brats show me what not to do, show me how not to treat others, show me how not to fight. I see beyond that small Tennessee town viewpoint, and so I fight.
fight comrade
Day X after the election.
The billionaires are going to keep us distracted as US citizens. They own the media. They own most of the USA. They control oh so much, comrades. Oh so fucking much. The ruling class control us with their entertainment and spectacles (1984, such a good year). They give us sports to pour shit tons of our energy into. They give us celebrity worship that we pour tons of our energy into. The way we dress. The way we form community. The way we spend our time. The way we spend our money. All this poured into sports - poured into celebrity worship. Then we wonder why we have no energy to fight for our homeless neighbor. No energy to fight for our queer siblings. No energy to fight for our black siblings. No energy to fight for our immigrant siblings. No fucking energy left to fight in us left because we’ve given it all to things that don’t fucking matter. Poor substitutions for community is what these billionaires are giving us with these spectacles. Wake the fuck up. See beyond your privilege. Fight goddamn it. Fight for the siblings at the table that sit beyond you. Read a book - put on some glasses. Just fight to see beyond the entertainment and spectacles.
fight comrade
Day X after the election.
I’m going to be real with you. As a human being who lives with a mental illness, finding the spoons (the energy) to fight fascism can be difficult. It can take a lot of extra spoons to exist within the confines of a mental illness. And a lot of the time I don’t have left over spoons for fighting something that shouldn’t be occurring - a devolution of sorts - fascism in the USA. Christian fucking nationalism. The stripping of human rights once more by the government of the USA. But I’m thinking of a game plan. How to have more spoons for the fight. Where can I conserve spoons? Where can I borrow spoons from? Where can I gain more spoons? We are on the outskirts of a shit storm comrades. Come January there will be gale force fucking winds ripping through our lives. We’ve got to pull together. We’ve got to put our spoons into the fight. We’ve got to fight.
fight comrade.
h

Comments
Post a Comment