Most Recent Post

Untitled Document II

Comrade Haley Postings I



It's Time.

It’s time to get my ass off the proverbial couch. I will admit I’m tired, busted ass tired y’all. Tired of this country. Tired of its shit. Tired of existence as a human in general really. It also seems like a lot of fucking work in order to get the left pulled together to fight fascism, but that hopeful undertone of the world calls at me. A rally cry. A sound that gives me hope for each other. A better existence is worth fighting for. Queer lives are worth fighting for. Brown lives are worth fighting for. Black lives are worth fighting for. There are humans in this world worth fighting for. The Earth and its climate are worth fighting for. And I’m ready to fucking fight. 

After the election half of America took a knee. We took a punch to the gut, and needed to gather ourselves. But it’s the Tuesday after that election, comrades. It’s been a week. We took that hit, we’ve caught our breath, and now it’s time to fucking go. It’s time to figure out what the fuck we’re going to do to save the country from fascism, to save this country from the late state capitalism. It’s time to start researching your role in the revolution. It’s time to start researching your family's role in the revolution. It’s time to start researching your community's role in the revolution. 

When I say revolution - I mean revolution. I mean upheaval of fascist policies. I mean upheaval of fascist leaders. I mean resistance to the death machine that is our US government. It’s said the revolution won’t be televised. That’s because it’s outside in the streets. It’s in the union halls. It’s in the leftist churches. It’s in the city halls. That’s where we must start comrades. We start by getting off our asses. We start by getting plugged in. 

I recently got plugged into my local chapter of Democratic Socialist. I went to my first meeting last night. I was inspired to say the least. I was encouraged. I was invigorated. Comrade after comrade said the same things on my mind… working class solidarity, they’re ready to fight fascism and capitalism, we need to unionize the shit outta this country, and we need to build an intersectional community of lefist. I haven’t yet officially joined the Democratic Socialist party, but I can see it being something that happens sooner rather than later. 

This blog has been many things over these 11 years. Though a wave change is coming to it today. I changed the name. I changed the theme. It’s going to become a place where I can lay out thoughts during the revolution. Where I can give a tiny piece of the revolution to this tiny corner of the internet. I’m going to hash out ideas. I’m going to share triumphs. I’m going to share defeats. I’m going to share encouragement. I’m going to share my fears, my yearnings, my lefist bleeding heart I’m going to share with y’all. 

Take heart, take courage, take hope comrades. It’s Tuesday, November 12, of the year of our lord 2024. It’s time to get the fuck up. It’s time to find a plug to get plugged into. It’s time to fight. It’s time to build. It’s time to fucking do something. Join me. Do something. 

Fight comrade.

h



Comments