Most Recent Post

Untitled Document II

Switchback Ahead

Welcome to a new trail.
Of sorts.
I mean every fucking day is a new trail.
But I feel a certain type of way about this one I've started on as of late.
And I'm bringing this journal along on the journey.
What the fuck are you talking about you ask...

I'm going to learn to be alone. 

I'm 37. And I've had a significant other as a part of my life since I was 19. Not the same one mind you, but when one relationship ended the other picked right up behind it with no significant time in between. I've never existed solely on my own. I've always had a partner. As a child I had a decent sized family, and they were always there for me. As an adult I've always had a partner that was always there for me. This is no longer the case. Granted, if I needed true assistance in life, I have both friends and family that I can call on 24/7 that will be by my side, but daily existence will now exist in a solitude of sorts. And I'll be honest... I'm quite apprehensive about it. Or to put it bluntly... I'm scared. The unknow is a scary place to be, and being alone is definitely unknown territory for me. 

I no longer have a partner in life. 
I live in a small apartment in a medium sized town in Appalachia.
I live 50% of my life on my own, and 50% with my daughter (she's with her dad the other 50%).
Along with being scared... I'm also interested in what this trail holds. 
I think I need to figure out who I am some more? Or maybe create who I want to be? 
Maybe create a life I want to live. Me. Just me.

h

Comments

  1. Been where you are now...I had to learn to be ME, to love ME and appreciate who I was gonna be! U GOT THIS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment