Most Recent Post

Untitled Document II

Pandemic - Day 335

This godforsaken pandemic rages on.
This winter drags forever. 
I'm ready for vaccines and spring. 
I'm ready for new life. 
I'm ready for this shit to be over with. 
It's like it's reached a plateau. Maybe? One can hope. 


Due to new strains of this virus being discovered they're suggesting we double up our cloth mask, or wear N95 masks. The new strains are more easily transmitted. Did they mutate that fast, or were they always there? It's still mind boggling to me how it effects folks differently. One human can get it, and it kill them within weeks. Then another human can get it, and have simple cold like symptoms and be done with it. Shit, then another can get it and not even know they have it. I mean, shit, I could have had it and not known. I've only been tested once, and that was back in the summer of 2020. Granted, I take all the precautions I can, but still this virus is an anomaly. 


I'm considered an "essential worker". Our lobby has been closed since the start of the pandemic - so almost a year. Even though the pandemic is still raging on I get this feeling that the powers that be are considering opening our lobby back up soon. I fear this. This will bring a considerable amount of workers back into the building. This of course will bring a shitton of the public back into our building. Bringing back workers and bringing in the public is going to exponentially increase risk of exposure. I hope I am wrong about this. I hope the powers that be are smart enough to know that until this pandemic is somewhat under control we need to keep our lobby closed - if not it's going to be a cesspool of super spreading humans. We have the means to  keep servicing our clients through online services, and we should keep using those means. Let's hope those in charge are that smart. I'm not getting my hopes up though. 

We humans need to take care of each other. We're all we got. There might be aliens out there, but we don't know about them because we haven't made it past Mars. We've got to pull our collective head out of our ass, and start caring for each other. I've yet to figure out how to communicate this to the fools who continue to treat this virus as something simple that isn't killing folks. Those who refuse to wear mask. Those who refuse to socially distance. Those that refuse to stay in their homes, and continue to go out and gather in large groups mask-less on top of each other. We've been living in this shit for a year now - you know the risk and yet you still choose to think only of yourself and risk other's lives in the process. Oh the selfishness of humans goes beyond me sometimes. 

h

Comments