Most Recent Post

Untitled Document II

Advice: Brene Brown That Sh!t

I know I'm not the greatest of bloggers, journalist, writers, what have you, but I do believe I can paint a halfway decent mind's eye view of my existence with these words. And because my opinion of myself is that I'm halfway decent that means I get to write an "advice entry" today.

First, if you're questioning on whether or not you should start a blog, and you remotely want to, then do it. Create it. It's free on multiple platforms online. Just choose one. I use Blogger because that's what I've always used, and it exceeds my expectations, therefore I stick with it. But there are others out there, or you could just start your own website and add a blog as a feature. Whatever floats your boat. From my experience I've never regretted my blog. I've questioned myself in the past if I'm too honest in my blog, as if second guessing on sharing something I did. Maybe something too personal. I've questioned myself, but I believe I've probably in these 10 years of writing this blog I've only ever deleted a few entries that I just couldn't muster the courage to keep sharing. Which means this blog has been worth it. Every symbol I've typed. It has been an amazing outlet for me to have my little piece of the universe that tells my story. I don't know why. I don't know why I'm wired this way, but I am, and I accept it and roll with it. So, if you're questioning whether you should write your own blog, and you enjoying writing then create one. If you get into it and don't like it then you can always make it private - take it away from the public, make it your's. Create a piece of the universe for you to give the world your art. We deserves it. 

Next, Brene Brown that shit. 
If you don't know who Brene Brown is, then google that brilliant woman.
Now.
I'll wait.
... ... ...
I know it's been six hours since you searched for Brene Brown, and you followed the white rabbit, and now you know what I mean when I say, Brene Brown that shit. Yes, I'm going to use her name as a verb. In all your writings be vulnerable. Be authentic. Don't sugar coat anything. Be real. If you give legitimate pieces of yourself to your words then you will have a writing as pure as the best writers in the world. I say that not as an exaggeration, but as my truth. Authenticity, vulnerability are keys to writing something worth reading, something worth putting out there for others to relate to, to feel not so alone. My most valuable pieces that I've written are me giving a piece of my soul to. I'm rawly honest, and in being so I am vulnerable as shit. When I Brene Brown that shit I'm more proud of that art than I am of any other. I know the courage it takes to be vulnerable, and that's makes a piece of why those works are immeasurably valuable. 

As a halfway decent writer I thought sharing my two cents when it comes to wordsmithin. I thought I'd also turn Brene Brown's name into a verb. If she disapproves she's more than welcome to reach out, and I'll replace it with a long ass explanation of vulnerability, but she's gotta know it's more catchy and easier to just stay Brene Brown that shit. I hope the advice makes sense, and resonates with you some how, or maybe inspires you to create some art with your words.

h

Comments