Most Recent Post
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
In my neighborhood trash days are Tuesdays. I live in the city limits, and thus I can take my trash to the curb and the city workers take it to the dump for me. There are only three of us at our home plus two fur kids. We also recycle. Therefore, we do not accumulate too much trash. Half the time I forget what day trash day is. The other half I don't care. Trash day usually isn't of significance in my existence.
Until today...
Yesterday I placed some stuff in the trash I hope stays there. I hope I don't get the urge to drive out to the dump and scourer the place looking for what it is I just rid myself of. I hope I don't foolishly buy what it is I tossed a little later on. I've tossed these items probably a handful of times before, and somehow they keep ending up back in my possession over time. Okay, I know how they do, but it's like I'm someone else when I'm re-buying them. Or I turn off the part of me that threw them away in the first place. Whatever the case, my friend named Hope has stopped by, and I hope they stick around awhile.
I couldn't recycle these items.
I couldn't give them away.
They had to go in the trash.
We see the trash as this germy dirty grimy thing, but at times like these it's more.
The trash just held something for me in which I could no longer hold. The trash to me is a new beginning today. Trash Day, November 19, 2019 is of heavy significance. I pray a new beginning can be had. I pray for strength. I pray for endurance. For will power. For a steadfast mind. For self love. For self care. Trash day has always been just another Tuesday within the week. But not today. No, trash day today is the dawn of a new trail in which I am to pilgrimage. Trash day will now be a day I can look to to be able to get rid of things I no longer need or want. A day I look at and say, "Damn, remember that trash day I gave up this, and my life has never been the same since."
What do you need to throw out?
What has been holding you back?
What has been keeping you trapped?
What has been taking up space in your mind that no longer deserves the space?
Figure out what day is trash day, and throw that shit in there. Let the city workers put it in the ground never to be found again. If you don't have a trash day, pick a day, make it your trash day, and go to the dump yourself. Take out the trash. Free up space in your mind for new beginnings, new property that was once occupied by trash can now be open for new foliage to bloom. Be brave. Have faith. Take out the trash.
h
Until today...
Yesterday I placed some stuff in the trash I hope stays there. I hope I don't get the urge to drive out to the dump and scourer the place looking for what it is I just rid myself of. I hope I don't foolishly buy what it is I tossed a little later on. I've tossed these items probably a handful of times before, and somehow they keep ending up back in my possession over time. Okay, I know how they do, but it's like I'm someone else when I'm re-buying them. Or I turn off the part of me that threw them away in the first place. Whatever the case, my friend named Hope has stopped by, and I hope they stick around awhile.
I couldn't recycle these items.
I couldn't give them away.
They had to go in the trash.
We see the trash as this germy dirty grimy thing, but at times like these it's more.
The trash just held something for me in which I could no longer hold. The trash to me is a new beginning today. Trash Day, November 19, 2019 is of heavy significance. I pray a new beginning can be had. I pray for strength. I pray for endurance. For will power. For a steadfast mind. For self love. For self care. Trash day has always been just another Tuesday within the week. But not today. No, trash day today is the dawn of a new trail in which I am to pilgrimage. Trash day will now be a day I can look to to be able to get rid of things I no longer need or want. A day I look at and say, "Damn, remember that trash day I gave up this, and my life has never been the same since."
What do you need to throw out?
What has been holding you back?
What has been keeping you trapped?
What has been taking up space in your mind that no longer deserves the space?
Figure out what day is trash day, and throw that shit in there. Let the city workers put it in the ground never to be found again. If you don't have a trash day, pick a day, make it your trash day, and go to the dump yourself. Take out the trash. Free up space in your mind for new beginnings, new property that was once occupied by trash can now be open for new foliage to bloom. Be brave. Have faith. Take out the trash.
h
Appalachian Foothills
Appalachian Mountains
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comrade with DSA Knoxville

Comments
Post a Comment