Most Recent Post
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
It's true - an attitude of gratitude will get you far in life.
Bitching and complaining only get you more things to bitch and complain about.
Therefore, I'm gonna list a few things I'm grateful for.
There isn't any particular order.
There isn't any reason behind what I'm choosing to share.
These are just a few things that come to mind on this rainy Thanksgiving week.
▲ I'm grateful for music.
Without music I'd be dead. It's the truth. There have many a time in my life from my teenage years well into my adulthood where music has given me the outlet I need, the strength I need, the whatever it is I need, music has been there. It's captured suicidal thoughts, boxed them, and contained them until I could control them once more. It's framed the best and worse moments of my existence. Music has been my savior time and time again, and what I feel for music is beyond what words can articulate.
▲ I'm grateful for dogs.
If you're not a dog person you won't understand this. My dogs are little pieces of heaven on Earth. They've helped me feel when I thought feelings weren't possible. The way they look at me. The way they nudge to be petted. The way they dance when I come home. The way they love you no matter what. The way they get extra excited for the smallest of things - a walk, a treat, a car ride, and anything else that sparks joy in their pure little hearts. Dogs are hope givers. Dogs are smile givers. Dogs are love givers. Dogs just give, give, give, and never expect much back. Dogs are the bee's knees, and I thank god everyday I'm allow to have two amazing ones in my life.
▲ I'm grateful for my house.
We just moved into our new house in April. It's a 99 year old gem in my opinion. It feels like home. It feels safe. It feels warm. It feels inviting. It feels like I'm suppose to be there. I'm thankful we found our home in these Appalachian foothills. I'm thankful for its 99 year old floors with character beyond belief. I'm thankful for its basement I can hide from storms, and the world if I need to. I'm thankful for its original cast iron bathtub that washes dirt and stress away. I'm thankful for its over the top security system that keeps me safe (even though the crime rate where I live is low). I'm thankful for a roof over my head and regulated air between its walls.
▲ I'm thankful for my barber, Cody.
I'm an exuberantly low maintenance human being. I don't require much when it comes to "taking care of myself". But there is one thing I take seriously. My hair. And getting a hair cut ever so often is one of my self care techniques. Cody, my barber does a great job. He listens. He does what I want no matter what I want - because I can get demanding. For example this last go around I wanted it dyed jet black and cut into a mohawk (cultural appropriation?). Well that's what I got. He also doesn't talk too much. He shoots the shit for a second or two, and then let's me enjoy just getting my hair cut. I appreciate his kindness, his willingness to listen with an open mind, and his ability to help me take care of myself.
I try to be a grateful person. At times it's hard. When life feels out of wack - which it has been the past few weeks - bitching and complaining can become too common place. I'm trying to reach for gratitude instead though. I know being appreciative is what's going to pull better things into my existence. While bitching and complaining is only going to drag me down, drag others down, and bring more negativity into my existence. I'm grateful in general, and I strive to continue down this path of gratitude everyday I can muster the strength.
h
Bitching and complaining only get you more things to bitch and complain about.
Therefore, I'm gonna list a few things I'm grateful for.
There isn't any particular order.
There isn't any reason behind what I'm choosing to share.
These are just a few things that come to mind on this rainy Thanksgiving week.
▲ I'm grateful for music.
Without music I'd be dead. It's the truth. There have many a time in my life from my teenage years well into my adulthood where music has given me the outlet I need, the strength I need, the whatever it is I need, music has been there. It's captured suicidal thoughts, boxed them, and contained them until I could control them once more. It's framed the best and worse moments of my existence. Music has been my savior time and time again, and what I feel for music is beyond what words can articulate.
▲ I'm grateful for dogs.
If you're not a dog person you won't understand this. My dogs are little pieces of heaven on Earth. They've helped me feel when I thought feelings weren't possible. The way they look at me. The way they nudge to be petted. The way they dance when I come home. The way they love you no matter what. The way they get extra excited for the smallest of things - a walk, a treat, a car ride, and anything else that sparks joy in their pure little hearts. Dogs are hope givers. Dogs are smile givers. Dogs are love givers. Dogs just give, give, give, and never expect much back. Dogs are the bee's knees, and I thank god everyday I'm allow to have two amazing ones in my life.
▲ I'm grateful for my house.
We just moved into our new house in April. It's a 99 year old gem in my opinion. It feels like home. It feels safe. It feels warm. It feels inviting. It feels like I'm suppose to be there. I'm thankful we found our home in these Appalachian foothills. I'm thankful for its 99 year old floors with character beyond belief. I'm thankful for its basement I can hide from storms, and the world if I need to. I'm thankful for its original cast iron bathtub that washes dirt and stress away. I'm thankful for its over the top security system that keeps me safe (even though the crime rate where I live is low). I'm thankful for a roof over my head and regulated air between its walls.
▲ I'm thankful for my barber, Cody.
I'm an exuberantly low maintenance human being. I don't require much when it comes to "taking care of myself". But there is one thing I take seriously. My hair. And getting a hair cut ever so often is one of my self care techniques. Cody, my barber does a great job. He listens. He does what I want no matter what I want - because I can get demanding. For example this last go around I wanted it dyed jet black and cut into a mohawk (cultural appropriation?). Well that's what I got. He also doesn't talk too much. He shoots the shit for a second or two, and then let's me enjoy just getting my hair cut. I appreciate his kindness, his willingness to listen with an open mind, and his ability to help me take care of myself.
I try to be a grateful person. At times it's hard. When life feels out of wack - which it has been the past few weeks - bitching and complaining can become too common place. I'm trying to reach for gratitude instead though. I know being appreciative is what's going to pull better things into my existence. While bitching and complaining is only going to drag me down, drag others down, and bring more negativity into my existence. I'm grateful in general, and I strive to continue down this path of gratitude everyday I can muster the strength.
h
Appalachian Foothills
Appalachian Mountains
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comrade with DSA Knoxville

Comments
Post a Comment