Most Recent Post

Untitled Document II

Saturday Morning



I'm constructing this with my Pixel. Usually my Chromebook is how I publish, but my Pixel will be my tool this morning. One mark for technology. 

This morn I smell of campfire smoke and coffee. Two of my favorite smells. Fall is finally on its way to the southern Appalachias, and I couldn't be more giddy. The squirrels make the tree limbs appear their waving at you as they bounce from ent to ent in the new day sun. The cedar in the pit burns hot and fast. My coffee cools quicker. The beasts of the backyard even seem more alive - less held down by the heat and humidity. New creatures come to sit and ponder with me. The air holds potential. The bird song moves cleaner through the atmosphere. My thoughts swirl like with the smoke. It's mornings like these I am glad to be alive. Therefore, it's morns like these I cherish.

🔥

Comments