Most Recent Post
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
I'm of the type of human that when something keeps coming up over and over I feel that I should listen. It's god, or the universe, or shared consciousness, or whatever you'd like to call it trying to get me to pay attention. Therefore... I'm paying attention.
The concept of responsibility has been dropping in as of late.
It was in a vlog I listen to.
It was in a book I was reading last week.
It is in a book I'm reading this week.
Responsibility has been a word I, the majority of the time, buck at. It makes me feel talked down to when someone starts throwing the term responsibility at me. It's as if I'm not being responsible enough, and I'm being degraded in some way (my own shit I need to deal with I realize). As of late I haven't been feeling so much negativity towards responsibility though.
Marianne Williamson states that a shift in perspective is the definition of a miracle. When we shift our perspective our life shifts, our world shifts, the universe shifts with us. At first I couldn't wrap my mind around a simple shift in perspective being what a miracle truly is - until it happened to me. I'm not going to go into great detail as to what occurred, because it's mine to keep close, but now that I've experienced this shift in perspective, I realize how it truly is a miracle. One night last week I had this riotous shift in perspective. The day after I felt whip lashed in the aftermath. This wasn't a negative experience by any means. It was... honestly... incomprehensible. Nevertheless, it happened. Before the miracle, the shift, I was firmly and robustly set in a certain way for over a decade. Then that night when an event and conversation shifted my perspective that way of being was gone - just gone. It was as if my brain automatically remapped itself. After years of having this mapping inside my brain, all of a sudden the map was gone. I now had no desire to partake in the behavior I once did. It was a shift in perspective, a miracle, an automatic remapping of my brain.
So... responsibility... this is not one of those automatic remappings, but I am remapping responsibility in my mind. My new perspective says that responsibility is empowering. Responsibility isn't weight added, it isn't how we are controlled or a loss of freedom, it isn't a defeating word that says do this or else. Responsibility is every human's ability to claim their own power in their life. No one can be responsible for me, but me. I am responsible over my thoughts that I allow to shape my world - I own the maps of my mind - and I control how it ripples out into the universe. I'm responsible for my own heath - I own my body - and I control the level of heath I achieve (within measure). I'm responsible for my own peace and happiness - I own my perspective - and I can shift it to my benefit or my pitfall. I'm responsible for my self development - I own my growth - and I am the one that determines if I stay stagnant or if I grow. I am responsible for my existence on this Earth - I own my life - and I am the one with the power to determine how I effect this Earth - me and me alone.
Responsibility is not a bad word.
I am owning the concept of responsibility.
It's not rules, or laws, or adulting.
It's power, and choices of value, and working to balance the chaos in the universe.
Miracles are but shifts in perspective, and once you've experienced one you'll understand.
/∆
The concept of responsibility has been dropping in as of late.
It was in a vlog I listen to.
It was in a book I was reading last week.
It is in a book I'm reading this week.
Responsibility has been a word I, the majority of the time, buck at. It makes me feel talked down to when someone starts throwing the term responsibility at me. It's as if I'm not being responsible enough, and I'm being degraded in some way (my own shit I need to deal with I realize). As of late I haven't been feeling so much negativity towards responsibility though.
Marianne Williamson states that a shift in perspective is the definition of a miracle. When we shift our perspective our life shifts, our world shifts, the universe shifts with us. At first I couldn't wrap my mind around a simple shift in perspective being what a miracle truly is - until it happened to me. I'm not going to go into great detail as to what occurred, because it's mine to keep close, but now that I've experienced this shift in perspective, I realize how it truly is a miracle. One night last week I had this riotous shift in perspective. The day after I felt whip lashed in the aftermath. This wasn't a negative experience by any means. It was... honestly... incomprehensible. Nevertheless, it happened. Before the miracle, the shift, I was firmly and robustly set in a certain way for over a decade. Then that night when an event and conversation shifted my perspective that way of being was gone - just gone. It was as if my brain automatically remapped itself. After years of having this mapping inside my brain, all of a sudden the map was gone. I now had no desire to partake in the behavior I once did. It was a shift in perspective, a miracle, an automatic remapping of my brain.
So... responsibility... this is not one of those automatic remappings, but I am remapping responsibility in my mind. My new perspective says that responsibility is empowering. Responsibility isn't weight added, it isn't how we are controlled or a loss of freedom, it isn't a defeating word that says do this or else. Responsibility is every human's ability to claim their own power in their life. No one can be responsible for me, but me. I am responsible over my thoughts that I allow to shape my world - I own the maps of my mind - and I control how it ripples out into the universe. I'm responsible for my own heath - I own my body - and I control the level of heath I achieve (within measure). I'm responsible for my own peace and happiness - I own my perspective - and I can shift it to my benefit or my pitfall. I'm responsible for my self development - I own my growth - and I am the one that determines if I stay stagnant or if I grow. I am responsible for my existence on this Earth - I own my life - and I am the one with the power to determine how I effect this Earth - me and me alone.Responsibility is not a bad word.
I am owning the concept of responsibility.
It's not rules, or laws, or adulting.
It's power, and choices of value, and working to balance the chaos in the universe.
Miracles are but shifts in perspective, and once you've experienced one you'll understand.
/∆
Appalachian Foothills
Appalachian Mountains
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comrade with DSA Knoxville
Comments
Post a Comment