Most Recent Post

Untitled Document II

Morning Commute Thoughts I

I used to love that song... well not the shitty country version.
The original by Tom Cochrane. That one. When I was a kid that was my jam. I'd sing the shit outta that song like I was some gonna be 90's star that never was. Anyway, I was drivin' down Alcoa Highway the other day and it occurred to me... our lives really are these orbiting worlds on a "highway" of sorts. And as long as these worlds respect one another's space and orbiting path then the highway runs smoothly, and everyone arrives safely and securely at their destination. Then there are the asshole drivers/planets. The ones that think they own the entire universe and commute recklessly and violently colliding into the orbits of other planets disrupting the flow of life, the existence of humanity, and the lives of entire worlds with their apathetic behavior. Don't be an asshole planet dude. Be respectful. Watch your orbit. Be courteous to your neighboring planets. Share the sun. We're all in the universe together - and the more we work together the better all our lives shall be. And then I arrived at work somehow because I don't recall driving while thinking all this shit, because it was happening fast and I suppose instinct took over, and drove me to work. Thanks instinct. You're the best.h

Haley M. Armstrong

Comments