Most Recent Post
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
I drive.
I drive to quiet my demons.
The road is winding.
The sky is light gray.
The air is cool and clean.
Then... there is it.
A come hither abandon house hiding amongst cypress trees.
I pass it. Damn it, I passed it.
My mind races around going back - the adventure, the danger, the yearning.
Turn around.
No.
Yes.
Fine.
I turn around.
I roll into the grass slowly.
I scan for 'No Trespassing' signs.
I scan for other humans.
I scan for any signs of life dwelling there.
I see nothing suggesting I should leave.
I race up the hill behind the cypress tress before I am seen.
I'm here.
It's there.
We're here together.
And you're like, 'dude, it's an abandon house, get over it.'
I feel you. It is just an abandon house. I see your point.
But I see and feel so much more.
I see art.
I see sadness.
I see history.
I see hurt.
I see humanity.
I see nature reclaiming.
I see beauty.
I feel so much.
I have an affinity for abandon houses and I don't know why.
Here it is in all its glory...
![]() |
| Wood bee holes. |
Haley












Comments
Post a Comment