Most Recent Post
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
I am no longer underneath the maples.
I am no longer without a job that contributes to society, humanity, or my own well being.
I am no longer trudging through the pages of a chapter titled transition.
(Though aren't we always in a transitional chapter of sorts in our lives? If we aren't transitioning then we aren't growing, we aren't learning, we aren't becoming better - are we?)
I'm underneath a vacant apartment, a vast Appalachian sky, and at the base of a breathtaking Appalachian mountain range.
I'm in a new chapter in life that, to be honest, is scary, and very different from what I've gone through in life so far, and very exhausting in all senses of the word.
But I'm making it.
I'm brave.
I'm resilient.
I'm smart.
And I'm capable.
I'll be okay (I think so at least).
It seems a lot in life we come to points where we don't feel like we'll ever be okay again. Points that we feel we'll always be broken, that we'll always be fighting, that we'll always be exhausted, but take heart - change comes. Change can come slowly. Then there are times where change decides it wants to come all at once. Change can come on strange winds. Change comes from unexpected strangers. Change can come from 10 mile hikes straight up a mountain, by yourself, on day you expected to sit on the couch and eat cookie dough while washing it down with your tears. There are times where you think it came from nowhere, but if you wander through the labyrinth of your soul you'll find it was more deliberate than you first thought.
It seems many of us are looking for change (actually it seems we're always looking for it).
Something that comes along and puts us back together in a different, better, more effective way.
Something that will put this piece of land we call the United States of American back together in a more universally positive way - which by the way is NOT what Donald Trump will do, but what Bernie Sanders WILL do (just an for your information bit there).
I hope your change comes right when you need it to.
I hope this country's change comes this next election cycle as well.
I hope we all can hold out until our piece of change comes.
I hope we can all have the courage, steadfastness, and heart in which we need to keep experiencing life tomorrow, and day after, and the day after...
Haley
(I just realized how appropriate this post is considering today is Spring Equinox.)
I am no longer without a job that contributes to society, humanity, or my own well being.
I am no longer trudging through the pages of a chapter titled transition.
(Though aren't we always in a transitional chapter of sorts in our lives? If we aren't transitioning then we aren't growing, we aren't learning, we aren't becoming better - are we?)
I'm underneath a vacant apartment, a vast Appalachian sky, and at the base of a breathtaking Appalachian mountain range.
I'm in a new chapter in life that, to be honest, is scary, and very different from what I've gone through in life so far, and very exhausting in all senses of the word.
But I'm making it.
I'm brave.
I'm resilient.
I'm smart.
And I'm capable.
I'll be okay (I think so at least).
It seems a lot in life we come to points where we don't feel like we'll ever be okay again. Points that we feel we'll always be broken, that we'll always be fighting, that we'll always be exhausted, but take heart - change comes. Change can come slowly. Then there are times where change decides it wants to come all at once. Change can come on strange winds. Change comes from unexpected strangers. Change can come from 10 mile hikes straight up a mountain, by yourself, on day you expected to sit on the couch and eat cookie dough while washing it down with your tears. There are times where you think it came from nowhere, but if you wander through the labyrinth of your soul you'll find it was more deliberate than you first thought.
It seems many of us are looking for change (actually it seems we're always looking for it).
Something that comes along and puts us back together in a different, better, more effective way.
Something that will put this piece of land we call the United States of American back together in a more universally positive way - which by the way is NOT what Donald Trump will do, but what Bernie Sanders WILL do (just an for your information bit there).
I hope your change comes right when you need it to.
I hope this country's change comes this next election cycle as well.
I hope we all can hold out until our piece of change comes.
I hope we can all have the courage, steadfastness, and heart in which we need to keep experiencing life tomorrow, and day after, and the day after...
Haley
(I just realized how appropriate this post is considering today is Spring Equinox.)

Comments
Post a Comment