Most Recent Post

Untitled Document II

TCNI XXVIII - Vlog

Click For Source
Today...
Today I finished the vlog for my last entry on this 30 day blogging adventure.
Whoa.
Vlogging is not easy.
I give mad props to anyone successfully on YouTube vlogging. Especially Casey Neistat, because his are the shit. You can tell the effort he puts into his vlogs, and I am beyond addicted to watching them, and far beyond impressed with how amazing they are. I'm actually not a person who enjoys watching vlogs. I usually find them narcissistic and annoying, but Casey's are authentic and so well put together you can't help but watch.

Talking to a camera isn't something that is easily done. You think it would be, but once you start to do it, you start to feel somewhat ridiculous - well, at least I did. After you get past the ridiculousness of talking to a camera, you then have to figure out how to make more interesting content to put around you talking to a camera, then you have to edit all that footage into something halfway interesting. Not easy. It's not easy at all.

After I finished the last edit on my footage today I sighed a sigh of relief, because I did something I set out to do - and that's pretty cool. Nah, it wasn't easy, nor was it much fun, but it was different, it was adventurous in a sense, and it was a step outside the norm. I'll be posting the vlog here and on my YouTube channel on April 30th. I hope it conveys visually and audibly what I'm trying to articulate through words here.

Oh, and through the whole talking to the camera thing there's like this huge piece of fern, or grass, or leaf type substance in my hair. Yeah, that's what I get for vlogging and hiking in the woods.

Haley

Comments