Most Recent Post

Untitled Document II

TCNI XXVII - Failure

Click For Source
Yesterday, April 27 2015, was a failed blog entry. 
I did not blog yesterday.
I failed at 30 days of blogging.
The funny thing about that?
I did it consciously.
I had sat down last night with the chromebook, and started to jot down some entry, but then I thought to myself “Nah. Not tonight. I don’t want this 30 days of blogging to be perfect. I need a failure day. And that is today.” 
So I didn’t blog yesterday on purpose, and I liked it.
Perfection isn’t real. It's not. I’m sorry if you’ve been striving for such, and are just now coming to know this bit of information. Perfection is this competition driven bologna that was thought up by someone who didn’t love themselves enough. When you fall in love with yourself, when you love yourself wholly, then you’ll realize perfection is something for people who don’t love themselves, and who need to compare themselves to others in order to fill the void of love inside. 

I’m a fan of originality.
I’m a fan of failure.
I’m a fan of scars.
I’m a fan of mistakes.
I’m a fan of organic humans.
I’m a fan of being who you are without the influence of society brow beating you into who they want you to be.
I’m a fan of “Uh-oh.” and “Oh! Shit!”.
I’m a fan bandaids, tears, red X’s, the letter F, rejection letters, spares, broken bones, broken hearts and broken spirits.

But I am not a fan of excuses.
Own up to your failures, your mistakes, your letter Fs, your red Xs, your spares, and your brokenness. Take pride in them, because it means you’re human and you tried damn it. Throwing excuses around doesn't help - so why do it?

I am neither a fan of not learning.
When you fail you must learn. The scars you carry must be reminders of the lesson you took from the failure. Learning, evolving, growing, flowing, these are things which we must embrace in life in order to progress. 

Forget about perfection.
Forget about competition.
Forget about striving to be something you’re not, or something that doesn’t even exist.
Concentrate on being originally organically you.
Concentrate on learning.
Concentrate on loving - yourself and others.  
We all screw up. We all fail. We all break. What matters is healing, learning, and moving on. 

Namaste,
Haley

Comments