Most Recent Post
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
![]() |
| © |
A "Dead End" doesn't exist...
I saw this street sign tonight, and it struck me right inside my frontal lobe.
You see, there isn't a label to be had for the surrounding streets. It is just a pole, some street label place holders and bolts. It doesn't give you anything else. This sign is saying "Hey. I'm tired to giving directions. Figure it out for yourself." And maybe I should. Maybe I should just figure it out for myself. Maybe I should quit depending on signs, wonders, and handouts. Maybe I should just figure it out by my damn self. Maybe that's what this sign is screaming from the top of its downtown Knoxville, construction zone, no sign having self?
There are no dead ends my friends. A dead end is a round about. You turn the fuck around, and you face things you've faced once more from a different perspective. Dead ends are ways of seeing things from a different vantage point - so take advantage of those so called "dead ends". If you hit a dead end in life, simply turn around, and start walking again, and see things from a perspective which you weren't allowed to see from on the first go 'round. Hell yeah, it's going to seem like a dead end, it's going to look just like this sign, and you're gonna start pulling your hair out - but close your eyes, take a breath, the open your eyes back up, and see what you didn't see before. Shifting your perspective is quite difficult, this I know, but it is possible - and I believe in every damn one of you. If I can do it... you can... change your perspective and you change your reality...
Haley

Comments
Post a Comment