Most Recent Post

Untitled Document II

"Heart"



Heart

You see this muscle inside my chest?
It’s a tough sum’a bitch it is
You see, it broke today
Into a thousand tiny pieces
I can physically feel its shattered mess inside me
Blood seeping out 
Fibers exposed
The four chambers seeing the light of day for the first time
And mind you, those chambers aren’t supposed to see light
No they’re not
Now they’re seared and burnt and blistered
You know what? 
It hurts
It hurts real damn bad
Like someone came at me with a sledge hammer
And pounded that thing right where my heart is
Busted my heart
Now it lies in my chest in all these tiny pieces
And all I can do?
Feel the pain, learn from the pain, let the pain make me stronger
That’s all I can do
I heard though that hearts mend
Well, that’s what all the songs say anyway
It doesn’t feel that way though
But something inside me, in those tiny pieces of heart inside my chest
They seem to already be trying to find their way back to one another
You see, our hearts are tough sum’a bitches
 And they’re meant to break
And break
And break again
Because the way a muscle gets stronger is by breaking
When the breaks heal new fibers grow
And the stronger that tough sum’a bitch becomes
I’m gonna heal
I’m gonna be stronger
I’m gonna be better
And this heart ‘o mine is gonna keep on beatin’
And that’s something right there

Haley

Comments