Most Recent Post
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
I once asked "Is Cosmic Consciousness Universal Truth?"
I asked myself, and I asked others out there in the cyber world. The answers I received were limited, and mostly were composed of "Now that is the ultimate question isn't it?" I myself could not realize the answer.
This morning that answer became aware to me.
Simply put... No, Cosmic Consciousness is not Universal Truth.
This morn immediately after reading the news my mind started to become bored. I was going to pick up the new book I purchased, Ancient Secret of the Flower Life Volume I by Drunvalo Melchizedek. Instead something drew me to the drawer of books I keep handy in the living room, and I grabbed Stillness Speaks by Eckhart Tolle. You could say the Universe drew me to that book. From that particular book I try to read just one morsel of insight a day, but today that morsel to which I read didn't suffice, so I moved on to the next morsel. There is was...
"The mind exists in a state of "not enough" and so is always greedy for more. When you are identified with mind, you get bored and restless very easily. Boredom means the mind is hungry for more stimulus, more food for thought, and its hunger is not being satisfied.
When you feel bored, you can satisfy the mind's hunger by picking up a magazine, making a phone call, switching on the TV, surfing the web, going shopping, or — and this is not uncommon — transferring the mental sense of lack and its need for more to the body and satisfy it briefly by ingesting more food.
Or you can stay bored and restless and observe what it feels like to be bored and restless. As you bring awareness to the feeling, there is suddenly some space and stillness around it, as it were. A little at first, but as the sense of inner space grows, the feeling of boredom will begin to diminish in intensity and significance. So even boredom can teach you who you are and who you are not.
You discover that a "bored person" is not who you are. Boredom is simply a conditioned energy movement within you. Neither are you an angry, sad, or fearful person. Boredom, anger, sadness, or fear are not "yours," not personal. They are conditions of the human mind. They come and go.
Nothing that comes and goes is you.
"I am bored." Who knows this?
"I am angry, sad, afraid." Who knows this?
You are the knowing, not the condition that is known."
I was identifying with my mind this morning. I was bored - as in I wasn't Myself (I Am) - I was taking on the identification with my mind, and being an emotion. So I stopped right after I read that signpost, and observed the feeling. I meditated in a sense. I became The Observer - I became Me. The boredom faded, and my Consciousness expanded, and then out of "no where" it hit me. Cosmic Consciousness is not Universal Truth. Just as I Am - Cosmic Consciousness Is (I Am). It isn't to be labeled, It Is. It is beyond Universal Truth - It Is. I feel there is so much more I should say on this, but that is all there is.
For me to become aware of this truth was so unexpected this morn, and I find that is usually the case when it comes to epiphanies or revelations of deep truths. It is in the most unexpected of moments which you will become aware of a truth which is profound and beautiful. Also, deep truths don't need a book of words to explain them, or a book of words can't explain them. It seems the more words one tries to tack onto them the more convoluted they become, and the reader or listener can't follow. Deep truths are "explained" by a few words, or signposts. The deep truths can only be experienced. Words can guide you there, but only You can experience the deep truth, you cannot understand it with your mind - with words.
I needed to discovered this truth today for some reason. The moment it hit me was precise, and I am grateful for such. I am grateful I was aware enough to reach for Stillness Speaks, and did not stay identified with my mind, and try to feed my boredom.
I Am.
Cosmic Consciousness Is.
That is all there need be.
Namaste,
Haley
Comments
Post a Comment