Most Recent Post
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
![]() |
| [ I do not own this photo. I could not locate the source. ] |
I haven't been that person, mentioned above, for 11 years (I'm 29). My entire adult life has been one of spiritual and social awakening. More recently I have been delving deeper into enlightenment. I picked up a book at the library by Eckhart Tolle entitled "The Power of Now". It has significantly opened my existence to my true Being. It has helped in my awakening - my enlightenment.
In the pure excitement of becoming so overwhelmed in "light" I started to become an "Enlightenment Thumper". I reverted back to my old ways, but with a different agenda to shove down your throat. I wasn't doing this though as I was before, because I thought I was right and you were wrong. This go around my intentions were pure even though the action was wrong. I was so excited to have found this "revelation", and wanted everyone to experience it. The problem was, I was forcing it, and becoming downright annoying. I was forcing my enlightenment, my revelation, my path on others. It was wrong.
Everyone's path is completely different from another's. Everything about the path is different, not just the path itself, but; one's pace, the tools one uses whilst on the path, and those who choose to take others, those that do not, and those that take others at certain points and others that go it alone at times. No matter how revolutionary something seems to me, no matter how hot the fire inside me burns, no matter how adventurous my path seems, I cannot force it on others. I cannot resort back to my old ways, and be an "Enlightenment Thumper". I realize now my path is mine and mine alone, and I cannot force others to take this path as if it were there's. I must respect all paths just as I respect all humans. It's simple as that.
Namaste,
Haley
Haley

Comments
Post a Comment