Most Recent Post

Untitled Document II

Ain't No Rest For the Wicked


"There ain't no rest for the wicked. Money don't grow on trees. I got bills to pay, got mouths to feed, and ain't nothing in this world for free!"
Cage The Elephant

I heard this song this morning, and became befuddled. I don't believe we are born wicked, or "born in sin" as Christians like to put it. Now Cage isn't fully implying this, but they are implying there are multitudes of wicked people out there. Or maybe that those people indeed believe they are wicked. Hmmm...? That's besides the point - I digress - I believe we are born whole, good, and with a harmonious moral compases. Yes, there are those few born with severe mental illness, but it's not that they're wicked, they are sick - mentally unstable. 

So... No, the majority of wicked humans aren't truly wicked. No, they are desperate. They are desperate because they have bills to pay and mouths to feed, and believe copious amounts of money is the only way to fulfill those needs, and believe also that money is the only path to the happiness. Also they believe they need happiness, which happiness is just an emotion, but that's whole other parley. Fundamentally they are desperate, because they are ignorant. Ignorant, because there are many paths of life than the one society presents. You don't need a mortgage, credit cards, a college education, or anything "they" convince you you "need". I'm not going to go on here as to the different means of living ones life, but they are infinite, and the majority are far better than the one society forces you into. So... The so called "wicked" are ignorant for a plethora of reasons; governmental brainwashing and learned helplessness being the main two reasons. You see if we could enlighten everyone we could end this epidemic of desperation, and therefore end their so called "wickedness". We could cure the world. There would be a few severely mentally unstable, but the enlightened people would see they are sick - not wicked. Then after a few generations of enlightened children (or indigo children) I imagine those mental defects would evolve, and be no more. 

©
It sounds simple, and impossible - does it not? Simple because it's not an endless list of do this and that's to rid the world of wickedness - it is merely one feat. It sounds impossible though because it needs to be the majority of humanity, and that's a lot of fuckers. Also, have you ever tried to awaken someone that's so "asleep" it seems they were in a coma or even brain dead, or as if they possess no soul and functioned only on bodily and societal needs? How will they ever awaken? What if they really have smothered their consciousness to the point they killed it? Is that possible? Then they cannot awaken - what happens to them?

Once again, I digress... So it's a clear and simple task to set our world free. It also seems insanely impossible, but there is something deep within me that says it will happen. A small tree that's just sprouted deep within my being - that's what it feels like. That small sprouting tree within me means it has already started! It's just a matter of growing. The more I water and feed light to said tree the faster she'll grow. I am the change I want and need to see. I must keep steadfast on the path to which I am on. There is rest for the wicked, and it is found within themselves - we enlighten and awaken one's must help them realize it's always been there - within.

Namaste,
Haley

Comments