Most Recent Post

Untitled Document II

An Expert

"In most books, the I, or first person, is omitted; in this it will be retained; in respect to egotism, is the main difference. We commonly do not remember that it is, after all, always the first person that is speaking. I should not talk so much about myself if there were anybody else whom I knew as well.
Henry David Thoreau

That quote from Walden by Thoreau is how I feel about this blog. I can only write those "things" I know purely. When I say purely I mean things that feel pure to me, things that I know deep within the recesses of, things that are of value to me. I can only write of myself, because that is the only thing I know to the purest form. That is the only thing to which you know of the purest form - you. No one can know you like you. You can know no one like yourself. You are the only expert on you. 

I have a hard time writing on things that have not to do with me. I don't know those "things" like I do myself. I don't want to go prancing around as an expert on parenting, writing, nature, psychology, philosophy or anything of the sort. I am only an expert of myself - simple as that. Let us be brutally honest - shall we? No one is a damn expert on anything except their self. So you parented 20 children, and now you're an expert? Have you experienced every possible situation when it comes to parenting? No? Then no expert title to you. You're an expert in parenting your children, yes, but not mine or anyone elses. I could provide a plethora of little examples couldn't I? I find if you didn't get the point based on just the one then you're too foolish to try to convince otherwise. 

Basically I'm an expert on me, and that's all I can write. That's why this blog is so self centered. This is why this blog can't give instruction, harp on about life's little quandaries, or go on about what an expert in loving nature I am. I'm going to write me, because I'm damn good at it. I'm an expert, a professional, a master at me, and I'm going to go on about myself for the rest of the blog. Yeah, basically that's it. 

Haley

Comments