Most Recent Post
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
I face the sun, eyes closed, and I feel the Earth pulling me towards its center - grounding me. I see only an odd shade of red or orange as my eye lids protect my eyes from the suns might. The sun warms my skin penetrating to my bones. The chill I first felt is gone. My ears are saturated by hundreds of bird songs; Mourning Doves, White Throated Sparrows, Cardinals, I can even hear a Red-tailed Hawk in the Northwest tree line. I even my stance, and let the Earth pull me more towards its center - causing a strengthening in my being. I fill my lungs with fresh morning mountain air. There is no taste - that is how you know it is fresh. There is only air filling my lungs deep and full pouring life into my veins. This is why I want to start every morn with my toes in the grass. This is why I let my daughter start her day the same exact way. Our feet planted to the Earth, our skin bathing in the sun's rays, ears filled with songs only nature can compose, our lungs dipped in air of the simplest purest form, and our souls washed clean with dirt, grass, sun, air, and bird song.
Oh, nature you know not how you sweep my soul off its feet, or how you can capture my heart within seconds in your presence.
Head over heels,
Haley
Haley
Comments
Post a Comment