Most Recent Post

Untitled Document II

Sleep When You're Dead

This lack of sleep is making for a very short wired Haley. Also a very unproductive Haley. As well as a very headache riddled Haley. The headaches are the worse - they are never ending. I go to sleep with them, and awaken in the morning with them.  My neck aches. My eyes sting, and are heavy laden.

What's the moral in all this? It's two fold really. First don't fucking complain of your child getting up at 0630 if they are sleeping through the night. Secondly take nothing for granted - especially things that are essential to your survival, like sleep. Don't hate the shitty lunch you have today, because at least you have that shitty lunch and aren't starving  Don't take for granted the air you are able to breath deep, at least your lungs will hold full capacity. Don't complain about the luke warm water in your glass, at least it's hydrating you. Don't gaze at your house in disdain due to it not having enough rooms, at least you are sheltered from the storm.

I come to this dilemma often; If you don't know what you have until it's gone - then how are you to know what you have when you have it? I didn't realize how great sleep was until I'm forced to wake up twice a night (sometimes more), for an hour (or more) at a time, lie in the floor, and hold my daughters hand until she falls back asleep soundly enough to where I can sneak out. It could be worse - couldn't it? She could not have arms, and therefore have no hand for me to hold. We could be holding each other in a homeless shelter. I could be up with her all night due to to the fact she can't sleep because she's sick from chemo treatments. Or worst of all I could be awake all night in a heavy depression because she's gone from my life.

So yeah, I'm sleep deprived, but I should appreciate what I've got. I can sleep when I'm dead.

Delirious,
Haley

Comments