Most Recent Post

Untitled Document II

Rain

The rain continues. It's day four. It has rained on and off again for four days straight. Has this occurred before? Of course. Has this occurred before at this rate? No. The lake is up to two feet above its summer levels! I would say 80% of the back roads have minor flooding. Little River has busted its flood levels, and its reaching Noah Ark levels. And now as my eyes peer out the window it again is raining. A mix of rain, snow, and ice is not far from us. It should reach us by this evening. I don't believe any of it will have the opportunity to stick around. I do believe it will be carried to the lakes just like the rain.

The weather the past two years has been fucked up; tornadoes, heavily destructive hail, flooding, storm after storm, and random gust of terrible winds. I think with global warming fucked up weather will be the new norm. We've got to get a storm shelter soon if this is going to be the new norm. Come spring I can't be up during every storm listening for tornadoes. I'll never sleep.

© The dam @ flood levels. 
The rain has stopped for now. The calm before the storm I believe. The sun is trying to pierce the clouds. I don't think she has much luck. It feels good in my eyes though - the little bit that is getting through. I miss her - the sun that is. Those weather folks say it's suppose to be quite sunny after this crazy rain dump. We'll see.

Almost every morn I sip hot tea and watch the birds have breakfast. It's just a solid way to begin the day; quite, still, and cognoscente of the beauty and life around us. I try to find inspiration in the life around me, and the happenings around me. Helps keep me aware of my surroundings, and to appreciate life. As buckets of water fell from the sky this came to me...

The key to life. Over saturated ground can be penetrated by much. Over saturated yourself with anything and you as a whole becomes weak. You can be penetrated by anything and anyone. Balance. Finding balance with everything is the key to life.

I'm hoping nature and other humans can find good in all this rain, because I have found good in it. We wouldn't know where balance was unless we were reminded from time to time what over saturation and drought are. It is hard in such times, but it's necessary to staying wise and knowledgeable. Then after facing many droughts and floods we will come to a wisdom where in such times it will no longer be hard, but rather just another part of life. I find I may come to this point in my existence much sooner than others. I find the majority of humans may never come to such a point. I hope I don't become so bitter towards life that I become hard and callus, thus hindering my reaching such a point.

Anyway... The snows coming, but the snow can't even compete with the rain that out stayed its welcome. So bring it snow, bring it.

Soaked,
Haley

Comments