Most Recent Post
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Another year - another life time it feels.
A year is such a funny length of time. So short, yet so sustained.
I think the content of the year determines how long a year will feel. Should your year be filled with cheerful adventures then it seems the year steams by faster than you can absorb. Should your year be empty of adventure of any sort, or filled with negative emotions of any kind it seems your year is so prolonged that you'll never see the end of it.
Oh time - you fucker, you.
Time is an invention of man you know?
Nature didn't create time. The Universe didn't transpose time into our lives. God doesn't work on a schedule of some sort. No time is of our making, and should be of our control, yet here we are now controlled by our own invention. Foolish humans.
Being a foolish human I too am controlled by this lovely invention of time. I watch my life slip away, and pray that my belief in reincarnation is true, so I can do this shit one thousand times over. The year MMXII has been deemed to have ended by the invention of time, and one hell of a year it was. There were a plethora of ups, and a couple handfuls of downs. Though I am proud to report more ups than downs. After reading over my New Year's Resolutions of MMXII I found I accomplished the majority of them. I'll go ahead and give myself another pat on the back. Now it's MMXIII turn to be resolutionized (I realize this is not a word). So here goes... In no particular order mind you... Simply putting them out there as they come to me...
I. Drink more tea, and less coke (soda for those from the Northern states).
II. Write more during the positive times. It seems my writings are down right depressing. This being due to me only writing during the dark moments, and not keeping record of the light moments. I want to do a better job of keeping record of the light moments, just as I keep record of the dark as well.
III. Spend even more time in nature. This will always be a New Year's Resolution.
IV. Every morn stand in the grass barefoot, and breathe deep. No matter how cold, wet, snowy, frost covered, dry grass laden, sand soaked, whatever, stand on the Earth barefoot and breathe the air into my lungs.
V. Listen to more classical music. It makes me feel at peace.
VI. Do yoga. It makes me feel younger.
VII. Loose 20 pounds. Fuck I hate having to loose weight.
VIII. Drink more water less alcohol. I do not drink that much alcohol in the first place, but I need to learn to moderate better when I do consume fermented herbs or fruits of Earth.
XI. Worry less. (HAHAHAHAHA!)
XII. Think less on all the negative aspects of life.
XIV. Get up early more often. I've been trying to do this for almost a year now. I don't know how to do it.
XV. Backpack at least once, hopefully twice, but at least once. I wanted to backpack last year, but it didn't come to fruition. I'm hoping it can this year! Hoping!
XVII. Hike LeConte.
XVIII. Keep MY faith despite others.
XIX. Read The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings again. I love Tolkien.
So there are a few New Year's Resolutions. Some are ambitious, and some are easily done. Here's a raised glass of water that they are all attained in their entirety.
Optimistic,
Haley
Oh time - you fucker, you.
Time is an invention of man you know?
Nature didn't create time. The Universe didn't transpose time into our lives. God doesn't work on a schedule of some sort. No time is of our making, and should be of our control, yet here we are now controlled by our own invention. Foolish humans.
Being a foolish human I too am controlled by this lovely invention of time. I watch my life slip away, and pray that my belief in reincarnation is true, so I can do this shit one thousand times over. The year MMXII has been deemed to have ended by the invention of time, and one hell of a year it was. There were a plethora of ups, and a couple handfuls of downs. Though I am proud to report more ups than downs. After reading over my New Year's Resolutions of MMXII I found I accomplished the majority of them. I'll go ahead and give myself another pat on the back. Now it's MMXIII turn to be resolutionized (I realize this is not a word). So here goes... In no particular order mind you... Simply putting them out there as they come to me...
I. Drink more tea, and less coke (soda for those from the Northern states).
II. Write more during the positive times. It seems my writings are down right depressing. This being due to me only writing during the dark moments, and not keeping record of the light moments. I want to do a better job of keeping record of the light moments, just as I keep record of the dark as well.
III. Spend even more time in nature. This will always be a New Year's Resolution.
IV. Every morn stand in the grass barefoot, and breathe deep. No matter how cold, wet, snowy, frost covered, dry grass laden, sand soaked, whatever, stand on the Earth barefoot and breathe the air into my lungs.
V. Listen to more classical music. It makes me feel at peace.
VI. Do yoga. It makes me feel younger.
VII. Loose 20 pounds. Fuck I hate having to loose weight.
VIII. Drink more water less alcohol. I do not drink that much alcohol in the first place, but I need to learn to moderate better when I do consume fermented herbs or fruits of Earth.
XI. Worry less. (HAHAHAHAHA!)
XII. Think less on all the negative aspects of life.
XIV. Get up early more often. I've been trying to do this for almost a year now. I don't know how to do it.
XV. Backpack at least once, hopefully twice, but at least once. I wanted to backpack last year, but it didn't come to fruition. I'm hoping it can this year! Hoping!
XVII. Hike LeConte.
XVIII. Keep MY faith despite others.
XIX. Read The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings again. I love Tolkien.
So there are a few New Year's Resolutions. Some are ambitious, and some are easily done. Here's a raised glass of water that they are all attained in their entirety.
Optimistic,
Haley
Comments
Post a Comment